ART & CULTURE
- The historic city of Toledo is 33km away, one of the Spanish cities with the greatest wealth of monuments, and declared a “World Heritage Site”. Tourist Information of Toledo here.
- A line of historical windmills declared to be of cultural interest, in the vicinity of the Los Yébenes mountain pass (7 km), on the cliff that marks the boundary between the municipality of Orgaz and Los Yébenes. Two of the mills are well preserved, and one of them maintains the complete grinding machinery as it was done in the 16th century.
- Consuegra is 35 km away, with its famous windmills and its castle of Muslim origin. More info here.
- Archaeological site of “Los Hitos” (7.9 km), within the municipality of Orgaz, near the town of Arisgotas. It was a Visigothic palace and village from the 6th century AD and later a Muslim farmhouse until the 11th century AD. Free access. More info here.
- The Visigothic art museum of Arisgotas is also worth a visit. It shows archaeological remains found at the site of the Landmarks. The building is adjacent to the local bar.
- Remains of the temple of San Pedro de la Mata (12km), a Visigothic site in the surroundings of Casalgordo, in the district of Sonseca. Built in the 7th century. The access is free. More info here.
- Mediterranean forest in “la Umbría del Madroñal” in nearby Arisgotas (8 km), refuge of very emblematic species like the Iberian lynx (Lynx pardinus) and the Iberian imperial eagle (Aquila adalberti). There is a short circular foothpath (PR-TO-18): 15 km long. Duration 4h 30m
- From Los Yébenes historic windmills (7km) there is a short circular foothpath (PR-TO-15) with very good views: The path is 15.4 km long and the estimated duration is 4 hours.
- Los “Quintos de Mora” Estate (47 km). It is worth a visit to get into the nature. It is possible to see deer, fallow deer, wild boar and birds of prey. Especially the rutting season is good for watching and listening to the deer. It is necessary to find out the dates of public access, since it is a Hunting Reserve managed by National Parks. More information about the Quintos de Mora here.
- Cabañeros National Park (68 km), a perfect example of Mediterranean forest. Guided tours on horseback or in a 4×4 can be arranged. More information here.
The Layos Golf Course has 18 holes and is located 32 km from Orgaz. Very good option for the golf lovers. More information in its website.